About an Unbalanced Woman


ABOUT THIS BLOG: When did life get so busy? I've given up on 'having it all' and achieving that ideal work/life balance. In this blog I'm celebrating the reality of an unbalanced life. Join me in the celebration.

NEW YEAR, NEW BLOG ADDRESS

BLOGS WILL NOW APPEAR AT unbalanced-woman.com

Please come and have a look around my new Unbalanced home.

Facebook: Unbalanced Woman
Twitter: @UnbalancedW
Email me: unbalancedwoman@gmail.com

Saturday 13 August 2016

Running

  Sweaty High Five!
This is my very VERY sweaty face after my first run in over a year (since my vestibular dysfunction*). I only chuffing well did it didn't I? So I'm giving myself a high five.

This is one of the final steps in getting back to normal, ie everything I was able to do before I got poorly.

Yep I only did 3.5km, and yes I did walk a bit (bit only a bit up a hill!) but it's the beginning and I'm proud of myself. I'm actually a bit teary, because I did better than I expected. Absolutely no dizziness.

I've been meaning to try running again for a while but wasn't sure I was ready. Then this morning I saw Melanie Sykes on The Saturday Show talking about how she wants to keep herself healthy to look after her kids. Her version was to quit drinking, which I'm rubbish at these days anyway, but it felt like the final push for me to get out there and try the running again. I'm so glad I did.

So Melanie, thank you for the final push to get me started.
Brain, thank you for learning to rebalance.
Legs, I look forward to feeling the pain later
And Vestibular Dysfunction, Fuck you. I'm kicking your arse!!

If you don't know what Vestibular is I wrote a blog about it a while ago.
BLOG: Literally Unbalanced

Reading this again now is surreal because I realise how much of a recovery I've made in the last few months. Now I'm really emotional. Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment