About an Unbalanced Woman


ABOUT THIS BLOG: When did life get so busy? I've given up on 'having it all' and achieving that ideal work/life balance. In this blog I'm celebrating the reality of an unbalanced life. Join me in the celebration.

NEW YEAR, NEW BLOG ADDRESS

BLOGS WILL NOW APPEAR AT unbalanced-woman.com

Please come and have a look around my new Unbalanced home.

Facebook: Unbalanced Woman
Twitter: @UnbalancedW
Email me: unbalancedwoman@gmail.com

Monday 1 August 2016

Holiday Packing

Packing for a holiday: Me vs my husband

Me...

One week before holiday
  • Start mentally packing, putting things to one side in my wardrobe
3 days to go
  • Start wearing old crap underwear so I can save my least grey stuff for packing (not sure why I need to to only take my best knickers away).
  • Become laundry obsessed. Even more than usual. Everything must be washed NOW in case I decide to pack it. 
  • Pack my toiletries bag.
2 days to go
  • Freak out because I'm going to a party tonight and nothing in the 'won't be taking these away' section of my wardrobe seems acceptable. Try on everything in the hope that it has suddenly become suitable. 
  • Go shopping and get over excited by 'Travel Sized' bottles of everything. Spend 10 minutes deliberating if it's OK to buy 50ml versions for £1 when 200ml is £1.50. Find empty travel bottles in the next aisle. They are also £1.50. Kick myself for being so indecisive. Return to mini bottles and and buy mini everything. 
  • Buy a new pair of shoes I don't really need.

Day before holiday


  • Choose the clothes I definitely want to take, attempting to achieve the coveted 'capsule' set where everything goes with everything (who am I kidding?). 
  • Limit myself to 3 pairs of shoes, including the new ones. 
  • Try on every outfit to make sure it goes with one of the 3 pairs of shoes.
  • Decide on my travelling outfit and hang it on my wardrobe door. 
  • Pat myself on the back for being decisive and limiting myself. I have NOT overpacked.
Morning of holiday
  • Spot things in the ironing pile that I could probably squeeze in. That top is a bit nicer than the one I packed. It's only one top. Oh but if I take that I'll need to pink shoes. That's just one more pair of shoes. 
  • Repeat two more times
  • Mentally shout at myself for over packing. 
  • Accept it and move on. I am the boss of me. 
  • Happy. 

My husband...

Morning of holiday
  • Put on some clothes. 
  • Pack whatever else is in his wardrobe that he fancies taking. 
  • Grab any toiletries he fancies taking. 
  • Happy. 

I think he's got it right really.

No comments:

Post a Comment