About an Unbalanced Woman


ABOUT THIS BLOG: When did life get so busy? I've given up on 'having it all' and achieving that ideal work/life balance. In this blog I'm celebrating the reality of an unbalanced life. Join me in the celebration.

NEW YEAR, NEW BLOG ADDRESS

BLOGS WILL NOW APPEAR AT unbalanced-woman.com

Please come and have a look around my new Unbalanced home.

Facebook: Unbalanced Woman
Twitter: @UnbalancedW
Email me: unbalancedwoman@gmail.com

Sunday 16 October 2016

Eyes

"Eyes are the window of the soul"
My soul must be frigging knackered.

So why doesn't this soul get some more sleep?
Because it owns an Unbalanced brain that won't shut the fuck up about all the things it really needs to do today.

Brain: You've not read all those papers for that meeting tomorrow...
You really need to sort out selling your car before the MOT runs out...
Those pictures you bought 3 weeks ago are still leaning against the window...
Actually this whole house is a shit hole...
And you've not done any washing...
Do you realise you've not hit your 10,000 steps or 5 a day once this week. You'd better get outside at some point...
And buy fruit...
And you'd better do something nice with your child today because you're going to London for 2 days and won't see him....
And the cats need fleaing...

Soul: Fuck off brain. Give me a break. Can't you see how busy I am carrying these bags under my eyes?

Brain: Oh yes I most certainly can. You'd better go shopping and buy some Touche Eclat. You can't go to London looking like THAT.

Soul: f$•%*@wg~s

(My soul also has a foul mouth.)

No comments:

Post a Comment