About an Unbalanced Woman


ABOUT THIS BLOG: When did life get so busy? I've given up on 'having it all' and achieving that ideal work/life balance. In this blog I'm celebrating the reality of an unbalanced life. Join me in the celebration.

NEW YEAR, NEW BLOG ADDRESS

BLOGS WILL NOW APPEAR AT unbalanced-woman.com

Please come and have a look around my new Unbalanced home.

Facebook: Unbalanced Woman
Twitter: @UnbalancedW
Email me: unbalancedwoman@gmail.com

Saturday 1 October 2016

Weird compliments

I have been complimented on two parts of my body that I've never thought of as compliment-able. I'm feeling quite smug.

They are my eyebrows and my cervix. Yep, I'm surprised too.

1. I have excellent eyebrows, just like Cara Delevigne apparently. I'm "so lucky" because others pay a fortune for high definition brow work.

Until recently I never knew that brows where something people even noticed, unless left to form a Gallagher-esque mono-brow.

Mine have only ever been a disappointment to me that I can't move them independently and give people that one raised eyebrow what-the-fuck?-face. How I covet that skill.

2. My second unexpected body brilliance is my 'obedient cervix'. I have been told this twice so I know it's a fact.

At a smear test I was told that most cervixes hide away and make it difficult to perform the test. But mine is 'well behaved' and pops straight into view. As if saying, "Hey there visitor. Welcome. Swab me? Of course. You're welcome."

So while they both might seem weird to me, if someone is handing out a body compliment I will take it. With relish.

And next time I admire another woman's pert bum or her ability to move gracefully into downward dog, I will not chastise myself.

I will think, "Her body is great. I've got *naturally* high definition eyebrows and an extrovert cervix, so yay both of us."

No comments:

Post a Comment