About an Unbalanced Woman


ABOUT THIS BLOG: When did life get so busy? I've given up on 'having it all' and achieving that ideal work/life balance. In this blog I'm celebrating the reality of an unbalanced life. Join me in the celebration.

NEW YEAR, NEW BLOG ADDRESS

BLOGS WILL NOW APPEAR AT unbalanced-woman.com

Please come and have a look around my new Unbalanced home.

Facebook: Unbalanced Woman
Twitter: @UnbalancedW
Email me: unbalancedwoman@gmail.com

Saturday 28 May 2016

Will I turn into my Mother?

They say it's inevitable that a girl will turn into her mother. Good God that's scary.

If it's true then I'd better get my finger out, because I've got work to do.

If it's true, then I'll become the most loving, thoughtful and generous woman I know.
I'll be able to mend clothes, bake great cakes and get any stain out of anything.
(Seriously, she can do that!)
I'll know the best treatment for every childhood illness.
I'll be a wise but humble woman and a fiercely loyal friend.
I'll remember birthdays, anniversaries and all those little things that are important to others.
I'll be fun to be with but also happy to be on my own, in my garden, with a book.
Oh and I'll be an amazing gardener who knows the names of plants and trees and birds (the proper names, not just 'that one with the red leaves')
I'll be polite enough to meet the queen, but those close to me will hear me prove I know all the rude words too.
I'll be a spelling and punctuation nazi, and even pull a pen out of my bag to correct graffiti on a public toilet door.
I'll be an amazing grandma, and my grandchildren will look forward to seeing me, especially as I'll always have a freezer full of the best ice-cream known to man.
And I'll always, ALWAYS, drop everything the second my (grown up) baby needs me.

Fuck, that's a lot to live up to!

If I ever manage to get close to being as wonderful as my mum, my son should feel very lucky indeed.

#UnbalancedRoleModel

No comments:

Post a Comment