About an Unbalanced Woman


ABOUT THIS BLOG: When did life get so busy? I've given up on 'having it all' and achieving that ideal work/life balance. In this blog I'm celebrating the reality of an unbalanced life. Join me in the celebration.

NEW YEAR, NEW BLOG ADDRESS

BLOGS WILL NOW APPEAR AT unbalanced-woman.com

Please come and have a look around my new Unbalanced home.

Facebook: Unbalanced Woman
Twitter: @UnbalancedW
Email me: unbalancedwoman@gmail.com

Saturday 12 November 2016

Inspiration from Obama

Official White House photographer Pete Souza reveals his favourite photos of Obama
Full set of photos here:



Looking at these photos I found myself singing that Flash Gordon song - not the noisy 'Flash, Ah Ah. Saviour of the universe" part, but the slower bit of 'Just a man, with a man's courage".

I think these photos show why Obama has been so popular. Because whatever tough job he's had to do, he's shown us that he's also 'just a man' - a human that we can relate to.

He's not an unreachable, perfect, presidential superhero. He's shown all sides of himself: a person who can be joyful, fearful, compromised and totally fucked off - even this week, shaking hands with a man he clearly thinks is a total cockwomble!!

Just a man - a husband, a father, a team member, a friend. All of those things are just as important as 'a President'.

To me that's inspirational.

I'm a mum, a wife, a daughter, a friend, a colleague and an Unbalanced Woman who spouts out a load of crap in my blog. I'm far from perfect at any of them.

I'm not a superhero with one super power. I'm an Unbalanced Woman who does a million things as best she can. Like everyone does.

That's what these photos show me.

"Just a man
with a man's courage
He knows nothing but a man
But he can never fail.
No one but the pure of heart
may find the golden grail
Oh oh oh oh"

(Queen)

No comments:

Post a Comment